Mercurius militaris [electronic resource] : comunicating from all parts of England, Scotland, & Ireland, all martiall enterprizes, designs, and successes. And particularly the actions, humors, & qualities of the army under the command of his excellency, Thomas Lord Fairfax
- Additional Titles:
- Title change : Mercurius militaris or The armies scout (no. 2-3,5)
Title change : Mercurius militaris, or The armies schout (no. 4)
- [London] : [publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 5 volumes ; 4¿́°.
- Additional Creators:
- Harris, John, active 1647
- 17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers
- Continued By:
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Numb. 1 (Beginning on Tuesday, October 10. 1648)-Numb. 5 (From Tuesday, Novem. 14. to Tuesday Novem. 21. 1648)
- Publication Frequency:
- Edited by John Harris. Cf. Frank.
Title from caption.
Place of publication from Nelson & Seccombe.
At end of text: Reader, expect this constant intelligence every Tuesday for the future.
One of four newspapers with the title: Mercurius militaris, published during the Civil War and Commonwealth periods.
Pagination and signatures are continuous.
Reproduction of the originals from the Burney Collection, the British Library (London).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
This database contains images from the Charles Burney Collection purchased by the British Library in 1818. It includes periodicals and newspapers published in England, Ireland and Scotland, parliamentary papers, pamphlets and proclamations, manuscript material, and news-books. The collection also includes news media from the British colonies in the Americas and Asia. The database may include selected or scattered issues of some journals and newspapers and complete runs of other titles.
- Special Numbering:
- Issue no. 2 (17-24 Oct.) dated in error: 10-17 October.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Complexity Note:
- First four issues reprinted as: The True informer, or monthly mercury.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Nelson & Seccombe. Brit. newspapers and periodicals, 1641-1700, 346.1-5
Times handlist, p. 24
Frank, J. Beginnings of the English Newspaper 1620-1660, pp. 165-166
View MARC record | catkey: 6513368