Olla podrida [electronic resource].
- Additional Titles:
- Collected, with added title: Olla podrida, a periodical work, complete in forty-four numbers
- Oxford : printed for C. S. Rann, opposite Queen's College. Sold also by Mess. Faulder, New Bond Street; T. and J. Egerton, near Whitehall; and S. Hayes, No. 332, Oxford Street, 1787-1788.
- Physical Description:
- 44 volumes ; 2¿́°.
- Additional Creators:
- Monro, Thomas, 1764-1815
- 17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Number I. (Saturday, March 17th, 1787.)-Number XLIV. (Saturday, January 12, 1788.).
- Publication Frequency:
- Projected and edited by Thomas Monro, who contributed a number of articles.
Imprint from undated colophon; no. 9-11, 14, 29 and 40 lack colophons.
Some issues contain J. Nichols's name in colophon.
Above colophon in most issues, within square brackets: To be continued every Saturday, price three-pence.
Collected with added title page bearing the imprint: Oxford : printed for C. S. Rann; and J. Nichols, Red-Lion-Court, London; sold also by Messrs. Faulder, T. and J. Egerton, S. Hayes, J. Deighton, and Elliot, Kay, and Co., 1788 and with a preface, signed Thomas Monro.
With continuous pagination and register; pp. 245-246 mis-numbered 445-446.
A nota bene above the colophon of no. 44 suggests a table of contents and a list of the names of the correspondents was intended, but not printed?
Reproduction of the originals from the Burney Collection, the British Library (London).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
This database contains images from the Charles Burney Collection purchased by the British Library in 1818. It includes periodicals and newspapers published in England, Ireland and Scotland, parliamentary papers, pamphlets and proclamations, manuscript material, and news-books. The collection also includes news media from the British colonies in the Americas and Asia. The database may include selected or scattered issues of some journals and newspapers and complete runs of other titles.
- Special Numbering:
- No more published.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- NCBEL, II:1307
View MARC record | catkey: 6513439