Stuart's Star and evening advertiser [electronic resource].
- London : printed by P[eter]. Stuart, No. 9, Feather's-Court, Drury-lane; where advertisements, articles of intelligence, &c. addressed to the printer, are received. Also at the receiving and publishing office, No. 262. opposite Essex-street, Strand; and by all bookseller and newsmen in town and country, 1789.
- Physical Description:
- 55 volumes ; 1¿́°.
- Additional Creators:
- Stuart, Peter, active 1789
- 17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers
- Continued By:
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- No. 9 (Monday, February 23, 1789.)-no. 63 (Saturday, April 25, 1789).
- Publication Frequency:
- Daily, except Sunday
- Imprint from undated colophon.
On date line: "Price 3d".
Description based on: No. 9. (Monday, February 23, 1789.); title from caption.
Latest issue consulted: No. 63 (Saturday, April, 25, 1789).
Reproduction of the originals from the Burney Collection, the British Library (London).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
This database contains images from the Charles Burney Collection purchased by the British Library in 1818. It includes periodicals and newspapers published in England, Ireland and Scotland, parliamentary papers, pamphlets and proclamations, manuscript material, and news-books. The collection also includes news media from the British colonies in the Americas and Asia. The database may include selected or scattered issues of some journals and newspapers and complete runs of other titles.
- Special Numbering:
- Dating continues from the preceding title.
No. 39 is omitted in numbering only; dates are consecutive.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Complexity Note:
- A continuation of 'The Star and evening advertiser' which was started after Peter Stuart ended his association with William Lane, publisher of the Star.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- NCBEL, II:1337
View MARC record | catkey: 6513466