The Weekly pacquet of advice from Germany: or, The history of the Reformation of religion there [electronic resource].
- Additional Titles:
- Collected with added title: History of the Protestant Reformation. As it was began by Luther in Germany, Anno 1516. And carried on by him and others to the year 1523
- [London] : To be sold at the Ph¿¿nix in St. Pauls Church-yard, 1679.
- Physical Description:
- 19 volumes ; 4¿́°.
- Additional Creators:
- Care, Henry, 1646-1688 and Scultetus, Abraham, 1566-1624
- 17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- [Chap. 1] Numb. 1. (Wednesday, Septem. 3d. 1679.)-Chap. 7. Num. 19. (Wednesday, Feb. 4. 1679/80.).
- Publication Frequency:
- By Henry Care; cf. NCBEL., Title from caption., Imprint from undated colophon., Based on Annalium Evangelicorum by Abraham Scultetus. Cf. Times handlist., Publication evidently suspended between 17 December, 1679 and 14 January, 1680; issues are numbered consecutively., Collected with an introduction and added general title page bearing the title: History of the Protestant Reformation. As it was began by Luther in Germany, Anno 1516. And carried on by him and others to the year 1523, and with the imprint: London : printed by A.M. and R.R. for Edward Giles stationer in St. Andrews parish in Norwich, 1680., In nineteen weekly parts, it was apparently ceased as being an unsatisfactory method of publication. This was the "First part", with the rest was to be completed as a "compleat book" (cf. the introduction), but seemingly never published?, Reproduction of the originals from the Burney Collection, the British Library (London)., AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS., and This database contains images from the Charles Burney Collection purchased by the British Library in 1818. It includes periodicals and newspapers published in England, Ireland and Scotland, parliamentary papers, pamphlets and proclamations, manuscript material, and news-books. The collection also includes news media from the British colonies in the Americas and Asia. The database may include selected or scattered issues of some journals and newspapers and complete runs of other titles.
- Special Numbering:
- Issues gathered into chapters, with chapters 1 to 5 each comprising two issues and chapters 6 and 7 comprising three and six issues respectively.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Nelson & Seccombe. Brit. newspapers and periodicals, 1641-1700, 701.1-19, NCBEL, II:1339, and Times handlist, p. 29
View MARC record | catkey: 6513484