Adams's weekly courant [electronic resource] : With news both foreign and domestick
- Chester : printed by Roger Adams, where advertisements are taken in, at reasonable rates, 1770-1782.
- Physical Description:
- volumes ; 2¿́°.
- 17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers
- Continued By:
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Began 29. Nov. 1732.
Ceased in 1793?
- Publication Frequency:
- Subtitle dropped by April 1770.
Imprint from undated colophon.
Weeks of each quarter(?) in roman numerals to left of title.
Price on date line in later issues.
Description based on: Numb. 279 (Wednesday, March 22, to Wednesday, March 29, 1738); title from caption.
Latest issue consulted: Vol. L. No. 2553 (Tuesday. January 22, 1782)
Title change is speculative; reference sources record subsequent title as: The Chester courant and Anglo Welsh gazette, however libraries holding this title appear to have no issues earlier than 1801. The Beinecke Library at Yale has issues of The Chester courant for 1795-1798.
Reproduction of the originals from the Burney Collection, the British Library (London).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
This database contains images from the Charles Burney Collection purchased by the British Library in 1818. It includes periodicals and newspapers published in England, Ireland and Scotland, parliamentary papers, pamphlets and proclamations, manuscript material, and news-books. The collection also includes news media from the British colonies in the Americas and Asia. The database may include selected or scattered issues of some journals and newspapers and complete runs of other titles.
- Special Numbering:
- Quarter and volume numbering continue until the 1790s.
Issue numbering is somewhat irregular.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- NCBEL, II:1355
Times handlist, p. 44
Cranfield, G.A. Provincial newspapers, 22
Wiles, R.M. Freshest advices, 28
NEWSPLAN. Northwestern, p. 57
View MARC record | catkey: 6513491