The Freeholder's journal [electronic resource].
- London : printed for T. Payne, at the Crown in Pater-Noster-Row, where advertisements, and letters to the author are taken in, 1722-1723.
- Physical Description:
- 76 volumes ; 2¿́°.
- 17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Numb. I. (Wednesday January 31. 1721. [i.e. 1722])-Numb. LXXVI. (Saturday, May 18, 1723).
- Publication Frequency:
- Below title of no. 1: To be continued weekly.
Imprint from undated colophon.
Imprint names vary: nos. 2-6, T[homas]. Payne; on nos. 7-76, T[homas]. Sharpe's name is added; with no. 37 T. Payne is dropped.
Some dates given according to Lady Day dating.
Headpiece added above title on nos. 42-76.
With continuous pagination.
Includes political essays, social notes; lists of peers and some election results.
Description based on: Numb. I. (Wednesday January 31. 1721. [i.e. 1722]); title from caption.
Latest issue consulted: Numb. LXXVI. (Saturday, May 18, 1723).
Reproduction of the originals from the Burney Collection, the British Library (London).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
This database contains images from the Charles Burney Collection purchased by the British Library in 1818. It includes periodicals and newspapers published in England, Ireland and Scotland, parliamentary papers, pamphlets and proclamations, manuscript material, and news-books. The collection also includes news media from the British colonies in the Americas and Asia. The database may include selected or scattered issues of some journals and newspapers and complete runs of other titles.
- Special Numbering:
- No. "LXII" and LXIII" misnumbered "XLII" and XLIII".
Dates on nos. 69-71 are misprinted.
Final five issues published on a Saturday.
- Supplement Note:
- Issue nos. 8, 10, 13, 17, 25, 40, 52, 54, and 66 are supplements, numbered within, but additional to the main sequence of issues..
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- NCBEL, II:1325
Times handlist, p. 39
View MARC record | catkey: 6513659