The Scrutator [electronic resource].
- [London] : Printed for Messrs. Wilson and Fell, booksellers in Pater-noster-row, London; Messrs. Fletcher and Hodson, at Cambridge; and Mr. Jackson, at Oxford: at all which places letters to the author will be received, 1764.
- Physical Description:
- volumes ; 2¿́°.
- Additional Creators:
- Scott, James, 1733-1814
- 17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Number I. (Thursday, April 5, 1764)- and Ceased with no. 38 (20 Dec. 1764).
- Publication Frequency:
- By James Scott, D.D. (cf. NCBEL)., Title from caption., Beneath numeration: To be continued every Thursday. Price three-pence., Imprint from undated colophon., Imprint varies; from no. 15 Richardson and Urquhart are listed as additional booksellers., With continuous pagination and register., Cf. 'The Occasional respondent' issued in response to number 1 of 'The Scrutator' and its coverage of an election to the Senate at Cambridge University., Latest issue consulted: Number II. (Thursday, April 12, 1764)., Reproduction of the originals from the Burney Collection, the British Library (London)., AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS., and This database contains images from the Charles Burney Collection purchased by the British Library in 1818. It includes periodicals and newspapers published in England, Ireland and Scotland, parliamentary papers, pamphlets and proclamations, manuscript material, and news-books. The collection also includes news media from the British colonies in the Americas and Asia. The database may include selected or scattered issues of some journals and newspapers and complete runs of other titles.
- Special Numbering:
- No more published.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- NCBEL, II:1284 and Times handlist, p. 43
View MARC record | catkey: 6513781