The Protestant advocate [electronic resource] : with remarks upon Popery, serious and comical
- London : printed by J. Read, in White-Fryers, Fleet-street; and sold by A. Dodd, at the Peacock without Temple-Bar, at which places advertisements, and letters for the author are taken in, 1724.
- Physical Description:
- 3 volumes ; 1/2¿́°.
- 17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Began with: No. 1, 14 Dec. 1724. and -Numb. III. (Monday, December 21, 1724.).
- Publication Frequency:
- Imprint from undated colophon., At foot of first column of text within brackets: Price two-pence., Printed in two columns; text begins with factotum initial., Anti-Catholic essays, some satirical., Description based on: Numb. III. (Monday, December 21, 1724.); title from caption., Reproduction of the originals from the Burney Collection, the British Library (London)., AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS., and This database contains images from the Charles Burney Collection purchased by the British Library in 1818. It includes periodicals and newspapers published in England, Ireland and Scotland, parliamentary papers, pamphlets and proclamations, manuscript material, and news-books. The collection also includes news media from the British colonies in the Americas and Asia. The database may include selected or scattered issues of some journals and newspapers and complete runs of other titles.
- Special Numbering:
- No more published.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- NCBEL, II:1326 and Times handlist, p. 39
View MARC record | catkey: 6513839