The London spy: and Read's Weekly journal [electronic resource].
- [London] : Printed by H[enry]. Baldwin, at the Britannia printing-office, White-Friars, Fleet-Street, where advertisements are taken in, and letters to the author received, 1761.
- Physical Description:
- volumes ; 1¿́°.
- 17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers
- Continued By:
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Numb. 7. (Saturday, May 9, 1761.)-
Ceased with: Numb. 38 (26 Dec. 1761).
- Publication Frequency:
- Imprints from undated colophon.
On date line: "Price two-pence".
Description based on: Numb. 7. (Saturday, May 9, 1761.); title from caption.
Latest issue consulted: Numb. 15 (Saturday, July 11, 1761).
Reproduction of the originals from the Burney Collection, the British Library (London).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
This database contains images from the Charles Burney Collection purchased by the British Library in 1818. It includes periodicals and newspapers published in England, Ireland and Scotland, parliamentary papers, pamphlets and proclamations, manuscript material, and news-books. The collection also includes news media from the British colonies in the Americas and Asia. The database may include selected or scattered issues of some journals and newspapers and complete runs of other titles.
- Special Numbering:
- Numbering continues from the preceding title.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Complexity Note:
- Note below title reads in part, "The proprietors ... have come to a resolution of blending The London spy with Read's Weekly journal ..."; a 'London spy' for this period has not been traced.
Numb. 7 repeated in error; misnumbering continues in the new sequence.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- NCBEL, II:1322
Times handlist, p. 40
View MARC record | catkey: 6513897