The Observator [electronic resource].
- Uniform Title:
- Observator (London, England : 1724)
- London : printed by R. Tookey; and sold by J. Roberts, at the Oxford-Arms in Warwick-Lane. Where letters post paid, or advertisements are taken in, 1725.
- Physical Description:
- volumes ; 1/2¿́°.
- 17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Began in Dec.? 1724.
- Publication Frequency:
- Imprint from undated colophon.
Some issues dated according to Lady Day dating.
Price in parentheses at foot of p. : Price two pence.
Essays describing the author's dreams; issues close with poem.
Description based on: Numb. VII. (Monday, January 18. 1724 [i.e. 1725].); title from caption.
Latest issue consulted: Numb. VIII. (Thursday, January 21. 1724.).
Reproduction of the originals from the Burney Collection, the British Library (London).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
This database contains images from the Charles Burney Collection purchased by the British Library in 1818. It includes periodicals and newspapers published in England, Ireland and Scotland, parliamentary papers, pamphlets and proclamations, manuscript material, and news-books. The collection also includes news media from the British colonies in the Americas and Asia. The database may include selected or scattered issues of some journals and newspapers and complete runs of other titles.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- NCBEL, II:1326
Times handlist, p. 39
View MARC record | catkey: 6513917