The Argus [electronic resource].
- Additional Titles:
- Argus of the consitution
- London : printed and published by J. Powell, No. 5, Catherine-Street, Strand, 1789-1792.
- Physical Description:
- volumes ; 2¿́°.
- Additional Creators:
- Perry, S. (Sampson), 1747-1823
- 17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers
- Continued By:
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Began 9 March 1789; ceased in January 1792?
- Publication Frequency:
- Daily (except Sunday)
- Edited by Sampson Perry.
Imprint from colophon.
"Price four pence.".
Description based on: Number 930 (Tuesday, February 28, 1792); title from caption.
Latest issue consulted: Number 946 (Saturday, March 17, 1792).
Continued by: Argus of the people, 13 Oct. 1792-4 Dec 1792 Cf. NCBEL.
Reproduction of the originals from the Burney Collection, the British Library (London).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
This database contains images from the Charles Burney Collection purchased by the British Library in 1818. It includes periodicals and newspapers published in England, Ireland and Scotland, parliamentary papers, pamphlets and proclamations, manuscript material, and news-books. The collection also includes news media from the British colonies in the Americas and Asia. The database may include selected or scattered issues of some journals and newspapers and complete runs of other titles.
- Special Numbering:
- Numbering continuous from previous title.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- NCBEL, II:1337
Ward, W.S. Index of serials, p. 8
View MARC record | catkey: 6513921