The Times [electronic resource].
- Additional Titles:
- Daily universal register, : printed logographically by His Majesty's patent
- London : printed by R. Nutkins, at the Logographic Press, Printing-House Square, near Apothecaries Hall, Blackfriars; where advertisements, essays, letters, and articles of intelligence are taken in. Also at Mr. Whiteave's, watch-maker, No.30, opposite St. Dunstan's-Church, Fleet-street; Mr. Grives's, stationer, No.103, corner of Fountain Court, Strand; Mr. Axtell's, No1. Finch-lane, Cornhill; and at Mr. Metenius, confectioner, Charing Cross, 1785-1800.
- Physical Description:
- volumes ; 2¿́°.
- Additional Creators:
- Walter, John, 1739-1812
- 17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers
- Continued By:
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Began with No. 940 January 1, 1788., Numb. 1 (Saturday, January 1, 1785)-; -Monday, March 17, 1788; Numb. 1023 (Tuesday, March 18, 1788)-, and Ceased in Dec. 1787.
- Publication Frequency:
- Daily (except Sunday)
- Founder and first publisher: John Walter., Imprint from colophon., "(Price three-pence)"., NCBEL, the Times handlist and Crane & Kaye all suggest an end date in May 1788; in fact the title changed to "The Times" on 18 March 1788., Description based on: Numb. 955 (Friday, January 18, 1788); title from caption., Latest issue consulted: Monday, March 17, 1788., Reproduction of the originals from the Burney Collection, the British Library (London)., AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS., and This database contains images from the Charles Burney Collection purchased by the British Library in 1818. It includes periodicals and newspapers published in England, Ireland and Scotland, parliamentary papers, pamphlets and proclamations, manuscript material, and news-books. The collection also includes news media from the British colonies in the Americas and Asia. The database may include selected or scattered issues of some journals and newspapers and complete runs of other titles.
- Special Numbering:
- Numbering continues from the previous title; issue for March 17 is unnumbered.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- NCBEL, II:1336, Ward, W.S. Index of serials, p. 161, Times handlist, p. 45, and Crane & Kaye, 168
View MARC record | catkey: 6513949