March 14, 1623. Numb. 23. VVeekly nevves, containing the great treason lately attempted against Bethlem Gabor [electronic resource] : and his warlike preparation thereupon. As likewise, the late proceedings at the dyet in Regenspurg. And last of all, the last warlike atchieuements of Count Mansfield, and the Duke Christian of Brunswick. Besides, diuers speciall newes from seuerall parts of Christendome
- Additional Titles:
- March 14, 1623. Numb. 23. Weekly newes, containing the great treason lately attempted against Bethlem Gabor, VVeekly nevves, containing the great treason lately attempted against Bethlem Gabor, and Weekly newes, containing the great treason lately attempted against Bethlem Gabor
- London : printed [by J[ohn]. Dawson] for Nathaniel Butter, Nicholas Bourne, and Thomas Archer, 1623.
- Physical Description:
- 2 unnumbered pages, 21 pages, 1 unnumbered page ; 4¿́°.
- Additional Creators:
- Dawson, John, -1634?, Butter, Nathaniel, -1664, Bourne, Nicholas, and Archer, Thomas, active 1603-1634
- No. 23 in a series of newsbooks published beteween Oct. 1622 and Sept. 1624 by a small group of publishers including Nathaniel Butter, Nicholas Bourne, Thomas Archer and others, most numbers of the series having distinctive titles. In early Sept. 1624 Archer left the group an founded a competing newsbook (cf. Dahl).
Printer's name supplied by Dahl.
Reproduction of the originals from the Burney Collection, the British Library (London).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
This database contains images from the Charles Burney Collection purchased by the British Library in 1818. It includes periodicals and newspapers published in England, Ireland and Scotland, parliamentary papers, pamphlets and proclamations, manuscript material, and news-books. The collection also includes news media from the British colonies in the Americas and Asia. The database may include selected or scattered issues of some journals and newspapers and complete runs of other titles.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.), 18507.102
Dahl, F. Bibliography of English corantos and newsbooks 1620-1642, 103
View MARC record | catkey: 6514175