March 31, 1623. Numb. 24. VVeekly nevves, from forraine parts [electronic resource] : Containing the skirmish lately fought betweene Gonsales de Cordua: Count Mansfield, and the Duke of Brunsvvicke. Also the great shipwracke which lately befell the West Indian fleete, in their returne to Spaine. Likewise, the proceedings of the Emperour at the diet of Regenspurgh. And the last certaine newes from Rome, Constantinople, Venice, Spaine, Germany, France, and the Low countries. With the solemne enstallment of the Duke of Bavaria in the electorship
- Additional Titles:
- March 31, 1623. Numb. 24. Weekly newes, from forraine parts, VVeekly nevves, from forraine parts, and Weekly newes, from forraine parts
- London : printed [by John Dawson] for Nathaniel Butter, Nicholas Bourne, and William Sheffard, 1623.
- Physical Description:
- 2 unnumbered pages, 22 pages ; 4¿́°.
- Additional Creators:
- Dawson, John, -1634?, Butter, Nathaniel, -1664, Bourne, Nicholas, and Sheffard, William
- No. 24 in a series of newsbooks published beteween Oct. 1622 and Sept. 1624 by a small group of publishers including Nathaniel Butter, Nicholas Bourne, Thomas Archer and others, most numbers of the series having distinctive titles. In early Sept. 1624 Archer left the group an founded a competing newsbook (cf. Dahl).
Printer's name supplied by Dahl.
Stationer's Register: Entered to Butter, N. Bourne, and W. Sheffard, 1623. Entered to Butter 26 March 
Reproduction of the originals from the Burney Collection, the British Library (London).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
This database contains images from the Charles Burney Collection purchased by the British Library in 1818. It includes periodicals and newspapers published in England, Ireland and Scotland, parliamentary papers, pamphlets and proclamations, manuscript material, and news-books. The collection also includes news media from the British colonies in the Americas and Asia. The database may include selected or scattered issues of some journals and newspapers and complete runs of other titles.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.), 18507.103
Dahl, F. Bibliography of English corantos and newsbooks 1620-1642, 104
View MARC record | catkey: 6514176