August. 29. Numb. 27. The continuation of our weekely newes, from the 24. of August, to the 29. of the same [electronic resource] : Contayning, the great ouerthrow which the King of Denmarke hath lately giuen to the Generall Tilly. The vvarlike proceedings, designes, and meeting noth of the King of Denmarke, Bethlem Gabor, and of the Count Mansfield. The proceedings of the reuolted husbandmen, and the defeat, which they haue giuen to the Imperialists. The slaughter of the Count of Serin and his souldiers, which the Turkes hath made. The confirmation of the defeat which Count Mansfield hau giuen to the Imperialists Diuers places taken by the King of Denmarke. Newes of the losse which Tilly hath sustayned in the siege of Gottingen, with the taking of it. The great hurt which the Imperialists doe in Silesia, and the good warlike discipline of Count Mansfield. The warlike proceedings o the King of Sweden. The continuation of the agreement which is made betwixt the landgraue of Hessen and the Generall Tilly. The watlike [sic] proceedings both of the Spanish and of the states of the Vnited Provinces. With diuers other matters of moment which are lately happened in seuerall parts o Christendome
- Additional Titles:
- Continuation of our weekely newes, from the 24. of August, to the 29. of the same
- London : printed for Mercurius Britannicus [i.e. Nathaniel Butter, and Nicholas Bourne], 
- Physical Description:
- 2 unnumbered pages, 14 pages ; 4¿́°.
- Additional Creators:
- Butter, Nicholas, -1664 and Bourne, Nicholas
- 17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers
- Printers' names from Dahl; publication date from STC., No. 27 in a series published between Dec. 30, 1624 and Jan. 1626? The newsbooks all list "Mercurius Britannicus" as publisher in imprint, and the nom de plume apparently stands for Nathaniel Butter and Nicholas Bourne (cf. Dahl)., Reproduction of the originals from the Burney Collection, the British Library (London)., AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS., and This database contains images from the Charles Burney Collection purchased by the British Library in 1818. It includes periodicals and newspapers published in England, Ireland and Scotland, parliamentary papers, pamphlets and proclamations, manuscript material, and news-books. The collection also includes news media from the British colonies in the Americas and Asia. The database may include selected or scattered issues of some journals and newspapers and complete runs of other titles.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.), 18507.182 and Dahl, F. Bibliography of English corantos and newsbooks 1620-1642, p. 133
View MARC record | catkey: 6514220