October. 5. Numb. 36. The continuation of of [sic] the weekly newes [electronic resource] : contayning these particulars following. A strange apparition at Rome, of two mighty armies, which were seene to fight together in the ayre: in the end one of them vanished, and uhe [sic] other afterwards vanished likewise: whereupon followed a most terrible storme, rayning downe blood and fire from heauen, for a certaine space. A braue attempt made by the Prince of Poland, against Breda; in which attempt he lost aboue 3000. men, besides diuers hurt and taken prisoners by the towne. The imprisonmen and sickenes of the Bishop of Spalato, who was said to be burned at Rome. The bringing in of another rich prize by the Hollanders, wherein were taken prisoners, the steward of the Viceroy of Naples, with many others; with all maner of houshold instruments of the Viceroyes. all of beaten siluer. Together, with other newes from Germany, Spaine, the Low-Countries, and other places
- Additional Titles:
- Continuation of of [sic] the weekly newes, Continuation of of [sic] the weekly news, and October 5. Number 36
- London : printed for Nathaniel Butter, & Nicholas Bourne, 1624.
- Physical Description:
- 2 unnumbered pages, 17 pages, 1 unnumbered page ; 4¿́°.
- 17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers
- No. 36 of a series of newsbooks published beteween Oct. 1623 and Dec. 1624 by a small group of publishers including Nathaniel Butter, Nicholas Bourne, Thomas Archer and others, most numbers of the series having distinctive titles. In early Sept. 1624 Archer left the group and founded a competing newsbook--Dahl., Reproduction of the originals from the Burney Collection, the British Library (London)., AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS., and This database contains images from the Charles Burney Collection purchased by the British Library in 1818. It includes periodicals and newspapers published in England, Ireland and Scotland, parliamentary papers, pamphlets and proclamations, manuscript material, and news-books. The collection also includes news media from the British colonies in the Americas and Asia. The database may include selected or scattered issues of some journals and newspapers and complete runs of other titles.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Pollard, A.W. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, & Ireland and of English books printed abroad, 1475-1640 (2nd ed.), 18507.154 and Dahl, F. Bibliography of English corantos and newsbooks 1620-1642, 150
View MARC record | catkey: 6514235