Starring Mandela and Cosby : media and the end(s) of apartheid / Ron Krabill
- Krabill, Ron
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 199 pages ; 24 cm
- Media, democratization, and the end(s) of apartheid -- Structured absences and communicative spaces -- In the absence of television -- "They stayed 'til the flag streamed" -- Surfing into Zulu -- Living with the Huxtables in a state of emergency -- I may not be a freedom fighter, but I play one on TV -- Television and the afterlife of apartheid.
- Cosby show (Television program : 1984-1992)—Influence
- Television broadcasting—Social aspects—South Africa—History—20th century
- Television and politics—South Africa—History—20th century
- Television viewers—South Africa—Attitudes—History—20th century
- White people—South Africa—Attitudes—History—20th century
- Mass media and race relations—South Africa—History—20th century
- Apartheid—South Africa
- South Africa—Race relations—History—20th century
- 9780226451886 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780226451893 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0226451887 (cloth : alk. paper)
0226451895 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6514794