Toys to tools : connecting student cell phones to education / Liz Kolb
- Kolb, Liz
- Eugene, Or. : International Society for Technology in Education, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 230 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Cell phones as learning tools -- Concerns with cell phones in the classroom -- Cell phone podcasting, voice mail, conferencing, and mobile notes -- Cell phones as cameras and camcorders -- Cell phones as research and organizational tools -- Developing classroom projects for cell phones -- Cell phones as classroom management tools -- Cell phones in preschool and lower elementary learning -- The future of cell phones in schools -- More Web 2.0 resources for cell phones.
- Acknowledging the current reality--that many schools ban student cell phone use in the classroom--Kolb discusses a host of innovative and highly interesting uses for the technology that do not require using the phones in the classroom. She also addresses the issues that have caused the bans and provides guidelines for overcoming the problems. --from publisher description.
- 9781564842473 (pbk.)
- Description based on surrogate.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6518567