OECD territorial reviews. Sweden
- Additional Titles:
OECD territorial reviews, Sweden 2010
- Paris : OECD, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 272 pages : color illustrations, color maps ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Assessment and recommendations -- Regional development in Sweden : trends, achievements and challenges -- Exploiting cross-sectoral synergies trough regional policy in Sweden -- Reconsidering multi-level governance arrangements for more effective regional development.
- This review of regional policy in Sweden finds that Sweden has recently renewed focus on promoting development opportunities in all regions and has introduced a gradual regionalization process with a strong bottom-up approach. Yet challenges remain, particularly concerning knowledge diffusion and urban-rural linkages. Further efforts to achieve critical mass and improve coordination can help better address local needs. This review explores the potential for enhanced innovation and entrepreneurship in both urban and rural areas and provides recommendations to strengthen Sweden's regional development strategies through improved governance mechanisms, both regionally and across levels of government.--Publisher's description.
- 9789264081116 (print)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online to subscribers.
View MARC record | catkey: 6518701