International perspectives on gender and mathematics education / edited by Helen J. Forgasz [and others].
- Charlotte, NC : Information Age Pub., 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- vii, 457 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Forgasz, Helen
- International perspectives on mathematics education: cognition, equity, & society
- The ladies' diary or woman's almanack, 1704-1841 / Teri Perl -- Conversations of parents and children working on mathematics / Melfried Olson, Judith Olson, Claire Okazaki, and Thuy La -- Out-of-school-time (OST) programs as mathematics support for females / Lynda R. Wiest -- Freedom to choose?: Girls, mathematics and the gendered construction of mathematical identity / Fiona Walls -- Gender mainstreaming: maintaining attention on gender equality / Colleen Vale -- Studies in Mexico on gender and mathematics / Sonia Ursini, Martha P. Ramirez, Claudia Rodriguez, Maria Trigueros, and Ma. Dolores Lozano -- Gender differences when working with algebraic variables: a study with Mexican secondary school students / Carolina Rubí Real Ortega and Sonia Ursini -- Factors contributing to gender differences in mathematics performance of United States high school students / Pamela L. Paek -- Gender differences in mathematics achievement: evidence from regional and international student assessments / Xin Ma -- Mathematics achievement in Icelandic playschools: examining when gender differences emerge / Olof Bjorg Steinthorsdottir, Kimberly Dadisman, Dylan L. Robertson, and Kristjana Steinthorsdottir -- Mathematics teacher education and gender effects / Sigrid Blömeke and Gabriele Kaiser -- Discovering the potential of gifted females in mathematics / Kyeong-Hwa Lee, Eun-Jung Lee, Seoung-Hey Paik, and HeiSook Lee -- Gender and high achievers in mathematics: who and what counts? / Gilah C. Leder and Helen J. Forgasz -- What are high achieving young women's perceptions of mathematics over time? / Amanda Lambertus, Susan Bracken, and Sarah Berenson -- The influence of high school and univeristy experiences on women's pursuit of undergraduate mathematics degrees in Canada / Jennifer Hall -- Try and catch the wind: women who do doctorates at mature stage in their lives / Ansie Harding, Leigh Wood, and Michelle Muchatuta with Barbara Edwards, Lucia Falzon, Sibba Gudlaugsdottir, Belinda Huntley, Jillian Knowles, Barbara Miller-Reilly, and Tobia Steyn -- Recognizing gender in mathematics relationships: a relational counseling approach helps teachers and students overcome damaging perceptions / Jillian M. Knowles.
- 9781617350412 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 6518843