Raising your kids right : children's literature and American political conservatism / Michelle Ann Abate
- Abate, Michelle Ann, 1975-
- New Brunswick, N.J. : Rutgers University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- viii, 239 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Give me some of the old-time reading : William Bennett's The book of virtues and the rise of right-leaning literature for young readers -- I speak for the National Oak Flooring Manufacturers Association : Truax, the anti-green movement, and the corporate production of children's literature -- Not just Christianity, but the Christian Right : the battle over public education and the American Sunday School Movement in The left behind series for kids -- Patriot acts : fighting the war on terror via the canon wars in Lynne Cheney's picture books -- Pundit knows best : the self-help boom, brand marketing, and The O'Reilly factor for kids -- One state, two state, red state, blue state : bringing partisan politics to picture books in Katharine Debrecht's Help! Mom! series.
- Children's literature, American—History and criticism
- Politics and literature—United States—History—20th century
- Politics and literature—United States—History—21st century
- Conservatism and literature—United States—History—20th century
- Conservatism and literature—United States—History—21st century
- Right and left (Political science) in literature
- Conservatism—United States
- 9780813547985 (alk. paper)
0813547989 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6519320