Response to intervention : principles and strategies for effective practice / Rachel Brown-Chidsey, Mark W. Steege
- The Guilford practical intervention in the schools series
- Introduction : what is response to intervention? -- Using scientifically based instruction : NCLB, IDEA, ARRA, and RTI -- RTI and special education : prospects and possibilites -- Evidence-based interventions -- Single-subject experimental design -- How to teach so that students will learn : key components of effective instruction and assessment -- RTI procedures : 10 steps to address learning and behavior difficulties -- Using RTI procedures with students from diverse backgrounds : considering ability, culture, language, race, and religion -- Developing RTI blueprints : connecting the dots -- Case examples of RTI in action : experimental analysis of effective instruction : -- RTI reports : formal evidence of student progress -- Frequently asked questions : some answers about RTI.
- ""One of the most comprehensive and current RTI resources available. What is special about this book is that it goes far beyond where other resources typically leave off. The authors do an excellent job of balancing research, theory, and illustrations and formats that will help inplementers apply the concepts in their schools....A great resource for professionals beginning their RTI journey as well as those who have been implementing the approach for some time."---W. David Tilly III, PhD, Director, Innovation and Accountability, Heartland Area Education Agency, Johnston, Iowa" ""Brown-Chidsey and Steege provide step-by-step guidance for building an RTI service delivery model, as well as practial examples and resources. This accessible book is a m̀ust' for professional development with school psychologists and school - and districtbased leadership teams. The inclusion of systemslevel guidance in the second edition addresses an essential aspect of implementation."---Jennifer Knutson, PhD, school psychologist and RTI consultant, Anchorage School District, Alaska" ""The authors weave their experiences and observationss into helpful vignettes, examples, and many reproducible forms that will allow school personnel to begin using RTI immediately. Because the book provides the means to evaluate individually implemented interventions, it can also be a valuable tool for service providers in private practice."---Brian Reichow, PhD, Child Study Center, Yale University School of Medicine" "This bestselling work provides practitioners with a complete guide to implementing response to intervention (RTI) in schools. The authors are leading experts who explain the main components of RTI-high-quality instruction, frequent assessment, and data-based decision making---and show how to use it to foster positive academic and behavioral outcomes for all students. Implementation procedures are described in step-by-step detail. In a large-size format with lay-flat binding to facilitate photocopying, the book includes reproducible planning and implementation worksheets. Book purchasers can download an accompanying PowerPoint presentation for use in RTI training."--BOOK JACKET.
- 9781606239230 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1606239236 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6519357