Anthropology at war : World War I and the science of race in Germany / Andrew D. Evans
- Evans, Andrew D. (Andrew David), 1968-
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 293 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Institutionalizing the "most recent science" : anthropology in the world of German learning at the fin de siècle -- The meaning of race : the liberal paradigm in prewar German anthropology -- Nationalism and mobilization in wartime anthropology, 1914-18 -- "Among foreign peoples" : racial studies of POWs during World War I -- Capturing race : anthropology and photography in POW camps during World War I -- Anthropology in the aftermath : Rassenkunde, racial hygiene, and the end of the liberal tradition.
- 9780226222677 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780226222684 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0226222675 (cloth : alk. paper)
0226222683 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6595564