The essential guide to RTI : an Integrated, evidence-based approach / Silvia L. DeRuvo
- DeRuvo, Silvia L.
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, 
- Copyright Date:
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 228 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm.
- Jossey-Bass teacher
- Part I. Achievement for All: The Promise of RTI -- 1. Core Principles and Practice of RTI -- 2. Multi-Tiered Instruction and Interventions -- Part II. Beyond Tier III -- 3. Special Education Consideration -- 4. Special Education Within the RTI Structure -- Part III. Response to Intervention Process Steps -- 5. Preparing for Implementation -- 6. Evidence-Based Instructional Practices -- 7. Standards Mapping and Curriculum Alignment -- 8. Data-Driven Instruction -- 9. Positive Behavior Supports -- 10. Collaboration: The Key to Success -- Conclusion: Promising Achievement for All -- Part IV. Appendixes -- Appendix A. Response to Intervention Planning Questions: Assessing Current Programs -- Appendix B. Tier-Aligned RTI Readiness Tool -- Appendix C. RTI Action Plan Draft Template -- Appendix D. Evidence-Based Practices Check Sheet -- Appendix E. Pacing Guide Tools -- Appendix F. Tracking Student Learning -- Appendix G. Schoolwide Positive Behavior Supports Check Sheet -- Appendix H. Collaboration Tools.
- "A practical, hands-on guide that helps teachers fulfill the promise of RTI Filled with practical tools and step-by-step guidelines, this book shows teachers how to implement RTI effectively. This valuable resource helps teachers assess a school's or classroom's readiness to begin the implementation process, and offers extensive resources to help educators identify appropriate screening and progress monitoring tools for students. DeRuvo provides dozens of effective research-based interventions and instructional strategies that teachers can implement immediately in their classrooms, and offers guidelines for selecting additional curricula and strategies to support students with diverse needs. Includes easy and efficient progress monitoring strategies to measure RTI effectiveness Written by veteran educator and active teacher trainer, Silva DeRuvo Provides helpful advice for effective collaboration between teachers The book includes strategies for joint curriculum mapping, as well as for measuring student mastery of identified content area standards."--
- 9780470548011 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6597138