Water chemistry : green science and technology of nature's most renewable resource / Stanley E. Manahan
- Manahan, Stanley E.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 398 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm
- "Carefully crafted to provide a comprehensive overview of the chemistry of water in the environment, Water Chemistry: Green Science and Technology of Nature's Most Renewable resource examines water issues within the broad framework of sustainability, an issue of increasing importance as the demands of Earth's human population threaten to overwhelm the planet's carrying capacity. Renowned environmental author Stanley Manahan provides more than just basic coverage of the chemistry of water. He relates the science and technology of this amazing substance to areas essential to sustainability science, including environmental and green chemistry, industrial ecology, and green (sustainable) science and technology." "Features" "Emphasizes the importance of the sustainability of water resources" "Defines the close correlation between water chemistry with environmental chemistry and green (sustainable) chemical science" "Incorporates the principles of industrial ecology with water chemistry" "Includes chapters on basic chemistry and organic chemistry" "Explains how the hydrosphere relates to the other four environmental spheres" "Manahan explains how the hydrosphere relates to the geosphere, atmosphere, biosphere, and anthrosphere. His approach views Planet Earth as consisting of these five mutually interacting spheres. He covers biogeochemical cycles and the essential role of water in these basic cycles of materials. He also defines environmental chemistry and green chemistry, emphasizing water's role in the practice of each. Manahan highlights the role of the anthrosphere, that part of the environment constructed and operated by humans. He underscores its overwhelming influence on the environment and its pervasive effects on the hydrosphere. He also covers the essential role that water plays in the sustainable operation of the anthrosphere and how it can be maintained in a manner that will enable it to operate in harmony with the environment for generations to come."--BOOK JACKET.
- 9781439830680 and 1439830681
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6597211