Human rights and memory / Daniel Levy and Natan Sznaider
- Levy, Daniel, 1962-
- University Park, Pa. : Pennsylvania State University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 177 pages ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Sznaider, Natan, 1954-
- The ubiquity of human rights in a cosmopolitan age -- Sociology and human rights -- Sovereignty and human rights : the Hobbesian challenge -- International law and the formation of nation-states -- From minority to human : the changing face of rights -- The Cold War period : more than one universalism -- The post-Cold War period : globalization and the cosmopolitan turn -- Human rights and the clash of memories : the politics of forgiveness -- East meets West : Europe and its others -- Human rights and sovereignty after 9/11.
- "Examines the foundations of human rights, how their political and cultural validation in a global context is posing challenges to nation-state sovereignty, and how they become an integral part of international relations and are institutionalized into domestic legal and political practices"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780271037387 (cloth : alk. paper)
0271037385 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6597436