The women gather [sound recording] / Sweet Honey in the Rock
- Language Note:
- Track 3 sung in Spanish and English.
- Women gather (2:28) -- Fly (3:36) -- Voice of the innocent (3:46) -- Give the people their right to vote! (6:23) -- Georgia red clay II (2:10) -- Ballad of the sit-ins (3:14) -- Let us rise in love (3:52) -- 22 hours in the day (4:13) -- Solid gold II (2:00) -- Somebody prayed me over (2:45) -- Ballad of Harry T. Moore (4:42) -- That awful day will surely come (2:58) -- Nyoka Boko II (2:03) -- Prayer at the crossroads (4:31) -- African oasis II (2:07) -- Yes it was (5:42) -- Come unto me (2:32) -- We want the vote! chant (1:48).
- Related Titles:
- Harry T. Moore, freedom never dies (Motion picture)
Voice of the innocent
Give the people their right to vote!
Georgia red clay II.
Ballad of the sit-ins
Let us rise in love
22 hours in the day
Solid gold II.
Somebody prayed me over
Ballad of Harry T. Moore
That awful day will surely come
Nyoka boko II.
Prayer at the crossroads
African oasis II.
Yes it was
Come unto me.
We want the vote! chant
- Traditional and newly-composed gospel and activist songs.
The words for The ballad of Harry T. Moore are from an original poem by Langston Hughes; the music and arrangement for this poem was composed as the theme of the film, Harry T. Moore, freedom never dies.
Program notes by Bernice Johnson Reagon; includes lyrics, inserted.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Producer, Roshi Reagon ; assistant producer, Bernice Johnson Reagon.
View MARC record | catkey: 6598595