Studies in the literature of the Augustan Age : Essays collected in honor of Arthur Ellicott Case
- Boys, Richard C. (Richard Charles), 1912-1975
- Ann Arbor, Mich. : Distributed for the Augustan Reprint Society by the George Wahr Pub. Co., 1952.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 367 pages : portrait ; 24 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- 0 A note in defence of satire, by L. I. Bredvold.--The Beggar's opera, by B. H. Bronson.--The authenticity of Anna Seward's published correspondence, by L. L. Clifford.--Suggestions toward a genealogy of 'The man of feeling,' by R. S. Crane.--The nature of Dr. Johnson's rationalism, by J. H. Hagstrum.--Thomas Wharton and the eighteenth century dilemma, by R. D. Havens.--The purpose of Dryden's 'Annus mirabilis,' by E. N. Hooker.--The originality of 'Absalom and Achitophel,' by R. F. Jones.--The influence of Bernard Mandeville, by F. B. Kaye.--Jonathan Swift, by L. A. Landa.--Epistolary technique in Richardson's novels, by A. McKillop.--The muse of satire, by M. Mack.--The search for English literary documents, by J. M. Osborn.--Situational satire: a commentary on the method of Swift, by R. Quintana.--Fielding's 'Amelia,' an interpretation, by G. Sherburn.--Rules and English critics of the epic, 1650-1800, by H. T. Swendenberg, Jr.--One relation of rhyme to reason: Alexander Pope, by W. K. Wimsatt,Jr.--The art collection of a virtuoso in eighteenth century England, by H. B. Wright and H. C. Montgomery.--Arthur Ellicott Case: Biographical note by T. Banks. A checklist of the writings of Arthur E. Case, by A. Mizener. New attributions to Pope, by A. E. Case, with a reply by N. Ault.
- A collection of reprints from various journals, 1922-1951, each litho-printed in its original format.
View MARC record | catkey: 664200