Terrestrial ecoregions of Africa and Madagascar : a conservation assessment / Neil Burgess [and others].
- Washington : Island Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, 501 pages : illustrations (some color), maps (some color) ; 29 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Burgess, Neil D.
- 1. The forces that shaped wild Africa -- 2. Beyond political boundaries : a conservation map of Africa -- 3. Setting priorities : the race against time -- 4. From Fynbos to the mountains of the moon : ranking the biological value of ecoregions -- 5. The status of wild Africa -- 6. Priorities, realities, and the race to save wild Africa -- 7. The next horizon : large-scale conservation in Africa -- App. A. Hierarchical classification of ecoregions in terms of biogeography and habitats -- App. B. Taxonomic details and sources of species distribution data -- App. C. Quantifying nonspecies values of ecoregions -- App. D. Development of the conservation status index -- App. E. Biological data used for the ecoregion analysis -- App. F. Nonspecies biological values of ecoregions -- App. G. Investigating patterns of African richness and endemism -- App. H. Data used in the conservation status of ecoregions -- App. I. Ecoregion descriptions.
- "Terrestrial Ecoreglons of Africa and Madagascar provides a blueprint for conservation action and represents an unparalleled guide for investments and activities of conservation agencies and donor organizations."--BOOK JACKET.
- 1559633646 (cloth : alk. paper) and 9781559633642 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 433-486) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6677711