Child abuse sourcebook [electronic resource] : basic consumer health information about the maltreatment of children, including statistics, risk factors, symptoms, therapies, and the long-term consequences of physical, emotional, and sexual abuse and neglect, featuring facts about Munchausen syndrome by proxy (MSBP), abusive head trauma, corporal punishment, parental substance abuse, incest, and child exploitation, along with information about child protective services, reporting abuse and neglect, legal protections, juvenile court, foster care and adoption, and parenting strategies, a glossary of related terms, and directories of resources for additional help and information / edited by Joyce Brennfleck Shannon
- Detroit, Mich. : Omnigraphics, 
- Copyright Date:
- 2nd ed.
- Additional Creators:
- Shannon, Joyce Brennfleck and Gale Group
- Gale virtual reference library
- pt. 1. Child maltreatment -- pt. 2. Physical and emotional abuse of children -- pt. 3. Sexual abuse of children -- pt. 4. Intervention and treatments for child maltreatment -- pt. 5. Preventing child maltreatment -- pt. 6. Strategies for positive parenting -- pt. 7. Additional help and information.
- Offers information about the various forms of child abuse, including physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, and neglect, as well as less common forms of abuse such as Munchausen syndrome by proxy (MSBP).
- 9780780811065 (electronic book) and 9780780810372 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mi : Gale. Available via World Wide Web.
- Original Version:
- Original : xvi, 600 p. : ill.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: Internet.
View MARC record | catkey: 6678503