Aerodynamic generation of sound [videorecording] / producer, director, John Fridman ; produced by Education Development Center, Inc
- [Chicago, Ill.] : [Encyclopaedia Britannica], [between 2000 and 2009]
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (44 min.) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Lighthill, M. J., Sir, Efowcs Williams, J. E. (John E.), Friedman, John, Education Development Center, and National Committee for Fluid Mechanics Films
- Describes the mechanism of sound generation by turbulence resulting from an instability of steady flow, discusses quadrupoles in detail, and illustrates the fundamentals of jet noise generation.
- This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives. and Originally released as a motion picture in 1969 by National Committee for Fluid Mechanics Films.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Presenters: James Lighthill, John Ffowcs-Williams.
- Technical Details:
- DVD-R (NTSC).
View MARC record | catkey: 6678889