Women in business : theory, case studies, and legal challenges / Martha E. Reeves
- Reeves, Martha E., 1951-
- New York, NY : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 314 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- An introduction to women in the workplace -- Occupational segregation and gender discrimination -- Employment discrimination law -- Career opportunities : recruitment, selection and promotion -- Equal pay -- Networks and mentors -- Gender and communication -- Hostile work environments and sexual harassment -- Work - life balance -- Women entrepreneurs: working their way -- Policy and organizational practice.
- "This book uniquely combines gender theory, case studies, and the legal challenges surrounding the mechanisms of gender discrimination at work. It provides the student with real-life examples from managers (based on interviews with people who experienced discrimination) that help students understand how gender discrimination operates, even when there are legal protections against it." "At the end of each case study, students are asked to put themselves in the shoes of the individual experiencing the discrimination and ask themselves reflect on how they would handle the situation. Students must examine their own beliefs about gender and work place practices and consider consequences of actions they might take. In addition to the sections of theory, cases, and legal challenges, websites of interest are included student assignments and classroom activities."--BOOK JACKET.
- 9780415778022 (hbk. : alk. paper), 0415778026 (hbk. : alk. paper), 9780415778039 (pbk. : alk. paper), 0415778034 (pbk. : alk. paper), 9780203851418 (e-book : alk. paper), and 0203851412 (e-book : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6680134