Internet inquiry : conversations about method / edited by Annette N. Markham, Nancy K. Baym
- Los Angeles : Sage Publications, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xix, 243 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Markham, Annette N.
Baym, Nancy K.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Question one: How can qualitative Internet researchers define the boundaries of their projects? / Christine Hine, Lori Kendall, Danah Boyd -- Question two: How can researchers make sense of the issues involved in collecting and interpreting online and offline data? / Shani Orgad, Maria Bakardjieva, Radhika Gajjala -- Question three: How do various notions of privacy influence decisions in qualitative Internet research? / Malin Sveningsson Elm, Elizabeth A. Buchanan, Susannah R. Stern -- Question four: How do issues of gender and sexuality influence the structures and processes of qualitative Internet research? / Lori Kendall, Jenny Sundén, John Edward Campbell -- Question five: How can qualitative researchers produce work that is meaningful across time, space, and culture? / Annette N. Markham, Elaine Lally, Ramesh Srinivasan -- Question six: What constitutes quality in qualitative Internet research? / Nancy K. Baym, Annette N. Markham.
- "Internet Inquiry presents distinctive and divergent viewpoints on how to think about and conduct qualitative Internet research. Organized around methodological questions, this book addresses ethical, practical, and logistical issues, employing an approach that fosters open-ended dialogue. Each question is addressed by three researchers from different disciplines and nations to promote interdisciplinary thinking. Editors Annette N. Markham and Nancy K. Baym facilitate a dynamic understanding of quality in Internet research, emphasizing that while good research choices are varied, they are also deliberate, studied, and internally consistent."--BOOK JACKET.
- 9781412910002 (cloth)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 199-217) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6680500