The neuropsychology of Asian-Americans / edited by Daryl E.M. Fujii
- New York : Taylor & Francis, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 311 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Fujii, Daryl, 1961-
- Studies on neuropsychology, neurology and cognition
- Neuropsychology of Cambodian Americans / Daryl Fujii ... [et al.] -- Neuropsychology of Chinese Americans / Tony M. Wong -- Neuropsychological assessments and Filipino Americans : cultural implications for practice / Kevin L. Nadal and Jennifer Monzones -- Neuropsychology of Hmong Americans / Daryl Fujii and Alyssa Kaying Vang -- Neuropsychology of Asian Indians / Vaishali S. Phatak, Vidyulata Kamath, and Daryl Fujii -- Neuropsychology of Japanese Americans / William T. Tsushima, Vincent G. Tsushima, and Daryl Fujii -- Neuropsychological assessment of Korean Americans / Mi-Yeoung Jo and Lauren Kwon Dawson -- Neuropsychology of Laotian Americans / Daryl Fujii -- Neuropsychology of Thai Americans / Daryl Fujii, Tony Wu, and Kattiya Ratanadilok -- Neuropsychology of Vietnamese Americans / Dung Ngo, Minh-Thu Le, and Phuoc Dinh Le -- Neuropsychology in China / Agnes S. Chan, Winnie W. Leung, and Mei-Chun Cheung -- Neuropsychology in India / J. Keshav Kumar -- Neuropscyhology in Japan / Angelica Isomura-Motoki and Masaru Mimura -- Neuropsychology in Korea / Jeanyung Chey and Heyeon Park -- Neuropsychology in Malaysia / Normah Che Din -- Neuropsychology in the Philippines / Maria Raquel Lopa-Ramos and Lourdes Ledesma -- Neuropsychology in Singapore / Simon L. Collinson and Donald Yeo -- Neuropsychology in Thailand / Kattiya Ratanadilok.
- "This volume is the first comprehensive resource to assist neuropsychologists to provide culturally competent services to Asian-Americans. It highlights pertinent historical socio-cultural characteristics of the largest Asian-American ethnic groups, which helps to conceptualize presentation, provide an optimal environment for test administration, interpret tests within a cultural context, and offer culturally sensitive feedback and recommendations. In addition, the volume gives a summary of the available neuropsychological literature for each Asian-American ethnic group, recommendations for testing, and illustrative case samples. The second purpose of the volume is to provide a glimpse of how neuropsychology is currently practiced in different Asian countries, by reviewing the neuropsychological literature and by listing the available resources. This information gives valuable insights to neuropsychologists working with Asian communities throughout the world. Neuropsychology of Asian-Americans is an essential resource for clinical neuropsychologists and school psychologists who perform neuropsychological services to Asians. It is also an important resource for academic neuropsychologists and students with Asians in their sample, as cultural variables may have moderating effects on data that information in this proposed book helps to elucidate"--Provided by publisher.
- 9781841697840 (hardcover : alk. paper)
1841697842 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Gift in honor of Sue and Joe Paterno by Richard and Donna Schutz; 2012.
View MARC record | catkey: 6681076