Managerial economics and business strategy / Michael R. Baye
- Baye, Michael R., 1958-
- New York : McGraw-Hill/Irwin, 
- Copyright Date:
- 7th ed.
- Physical Description:
- xxxii, 621 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Ch. 1. The fundamentals of managerial economics -- Ch. 2. Market forces : demand and supply -- Ch. 3. Quantitative demand analysis -- Ch. 4. The theory of individual behavior -- Ch. 5. The production process and costs -- Ch. 6. The organization of the firm -- Ch. 7. The nature of industry -- Ch. 8. Managing in competitive, monopolistic, and monopolistically competitive markets -- Ch. 9. Basic oligopoly models -- Ch. 10. Game theory : inside oligopoly -- Ch. 11. Pricing strategies for firms with market power -- Ch. 12. The economics of information -- Ch. 13. Advanced topics in business strategy -- Ch. 14. A manager's guide to government in the marketplace -- Case study. Challenges at Time Warner -- App. A. Answers to selected end-of-chapter problems -- App. B. Additional readings and references.
- This textbook provides students with the tools from intermediate microeconomics, game theory, and industrial organisation to make sound managerial decisions. It contains real-world examples, frontier research and an inclusion of modern topics, as well as balanced coverage of traditional and modern microeconomic tools.
- 9780073375960 (alk. paper)
0073375969 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 6682918