Mining the social web / Matthew A. Russell
- Russell, Matthew A. (Computer scientist)
- Additional Titles:
- Mining the social web : analyzing data from Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social media sites
- Sebastopol, CA : O'Reilly, 2011.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 332 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Introduction : hacking on Twitter data -- Microformats : semantic markup and common sense collide -- Mailboxes : oldies but goodies -- Twitter : friends, followers, and setwise operations -- Twitter : the tweet, the whole tweet, and nothing but the tweet -- LinkedIn : clustering your professional network for fun (and profit?) -- Google buzz : TF-IDF, cosine similarity, and collocations -- Blogs et al. : natural language processing (and beyond) -- Facebook : the all-in-one wonder -- The semantic web : a cocktail discussion.
- Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn generate a tremendous amount of valuable social data, but how can you find out who's making connections with social media, what they're talking about, or where they're located? This book shows you how to answer these questions and more. Each chapter introduces techniques for mining data in different areas of the social web, including blogs and email.
- 9781449388348 (pbk.) and 1449388345 (pbk.)
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6682996