Darkroom : photography and new media in South Africa, 1950 / Tosha Grantham ; preface by Deborah Willis ; essays by Isolde Brielmaier and Tumelo Mosaka
- Grantham, Tosha
- Richmond : Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, 
Charlottesville : Distributed by the University of Virginia Press.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 150 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Brielmaier, Isolde, 1971-, Mosaka, Tumelo, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Visual Arts Center of Richmond, and Birmingham Museum of Art (Birmingham, Ala.)
- Darkroom : photography and new media in South African since 1950 / Tosha Grantham -- Africa and photography : then, now, and next / Isolde Brielmaier -- South Africa in focus / Tumelo Mosaka -- Back and forth on the here and now : a conversation / Isolde Brielmaier, Tumelo Mosaka, and Tosha Grantham -- Acts of faith and acts of resistance, 1950s-1970s -- Across the culture line, 1950s-1970s -- Separate living : a legacy of apartheid, 1970s-2000s -- A day in the life, 1970s-2000s -- Ambiguous truth and uneasy reconciliation, 1980s, 1990s -- Sacred space/Cityspace, 1990s-2000s -- Flash, 1990s-2000s.
- 9780917046896 (alk. paper)
0917046897 (alk. paper)
- Accompanies a traveling exhibition at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts and Visual Arts Center, Richmond, Va., August 20-Oct. 31, 2010; Birmingham Museum of Art, Birmingham, Ala., Jan. 23-April 16, 2011.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6683707