- International Center for Alcohol Policies book series on alcohol in society
- Voices in the debate / Marcus Grant, Mike MacAvoy -- The biology of intoxication / Creina Stockley, John B. Saunders -- Case study 2.1. Legal response to intoxication and drunkenness / Hurst Hannum -- The origins of drunkenness / Anne Fox -- Case study 3.1. The round: alcohol and social connection---an anthropological approach / Véronique Nahoum-Grappe -- Case study 3.2. Indigenous Australians and alcohol / Creina Stockley, Anne Fox -- Drunkenness---a historical and contemporary cross-cultural perspective: "a voluntary madness" / Fiona Measham -- Case study 4.1. A peculiarly Australian phenomenon: the six o'clock swill / Billie Atanasova -- Drinking contexts and youth drunkenness / Betsy Thom, with Irmgard Eisenbach-Stangl -- Case study 5.1. Drunkenness on the U.K. political agenda / Jean Coussins -- Concluding remarks / Trish Worth.
- ""An exciting, fresh start: This close look at many and varied meanings of
- 9780415992138 (hbk. : alk. paper)
0415992133 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6685181