The spectacular city, Mexico, and colonial Hispanic literary culture / Stephanie Merrim
- Merrim, Stephanie
- Austin : University of Texas Press, 2010.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 367 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Joe R. and Teresa Lozano Long series in Latin American and Latino art and culture
- Agile platforms of the spectacular city : the new world and the old -- Order and concert -- Balbuena's "La grandeza mexicana" and the advent of the spectacular city -- Balbuena's spectacular city and the Creole cause -- Engaging plurality : Baroque plenitude and the spectacular city in Mexico -- "To know the all" : the spectacular esoteric city in Mexico -- Babel : wild work of the new world Baroque -- Appendix. Chronology of principal works.
- Festivals—Mexico—Mexico City—History—16th century
- Festivals—Mexico—Mexico City—History—17th century
- Mexico City (Mexico)—Social life and customs—16th century
- Mexico City (Mexico)—Social life and customs—17th century
- Mexico City (Mexico)—Intellectual life—16th century
- Mexico City (Mexico)—Intellectual life—17th century
- Mexico City (Mexico)—In literature
- 9780292723078 (cloth : alk. paper)
0292723075 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6685464