Creating a Confederate Kentucky : the lost cause and Civil War memory in a border state / Anne E. Marshall
- Marshall, Anne E. (Anne Elizabeth), 1975-
- Chapel Hill : University of North Carolina Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 233 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Civil War America
- A marked change in the sentiments of the people : slavery, Civil War, and emancipation in Kentucky, 1792-1865 -- The rebel spirit in Kentucky : the politics of readjustment, 1865-1877 -- Wicked and lawless men : violence and Confederate identity, 1865-1885 -- What shall be the moral to young Kentuckians? Civil War memorial activity in the commonwealth, 1865-1895 -- Two Kentuckys : Civil War identity in Appalachian Kentucky, 1865-1915 -- A place full of colored people, pretty girls, and polite men : literature, Confederate identity, and Kentucky's reputation, 1890-1915 -- A manifest aversion to the Union cause : war memory in Kentucky, 1895-1935.
- 9780807834367 (cloth : alk. paper)
080783436X (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6685468