Fulleranes [electronic resource] : the hydrogenated fullerenes / Franco Cataldo, Susana Iglesias-Groth, editors ; with a foreword by Harry Kruto
- Dordrecht ; London : Springer, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiv, 278 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Cataldo, Franco and Iglesias-Groth, Susana
- Carbon materials. Chemistry and physics, 1875-0737 ; vol. 2
- Fulleranes; CARBON MATERIALS: CHEMISTRY AND PHYSICS; Franco Cataldo? Susana Iglesias-Groth; Foreword; Preface; Contents; Chapter 1; Fulleranes and Carbon Nanostructures in the Interstellar Medium; References; Chapter 2; Infrared and Ultraviolet Spectra of Fulleranes: HREELS Studies and Implications for the Interstellar Medium; References; Chapter 3; The Potential Role Played by the Fullerene-Like Structures of Interstellar Carbon Dust in the Formation of Molecular Hydrogen; References; Chapter 4; Thermodynamic Properties of Fullerene Hydrides C60H2n and Equilibria of Their Reactions.
- Fulleranes are a special class of carbon molecules derived from fullerenes whose double bonds are partially or at least theoretically fully saturated by hydrogen. The hydrogenation changes the chemical properties of fullerenes which can become susceptible to substitution reactions as opposed to addition reactions to the double bonds (present in common fullerenes). One of the most intriguing aspects of fulleranes is the fact that they have been thought to exist in the interstellar medium or even in certain circumstellar media. The reasoning is quite simple: if fullerenes can be formed in the in.
- 9781402098871 and 1402098871
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6762616