Guided reflection [electronic resource] : a narrative approach to advancing professional practice / edited by Christopher Johns
- Chichester, West Sussex : Blackwell Pub., 2010.
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 304 pages
- Additional Creators:
- Johns, Christopher
- Machine generated contents note: 1. The basic scheme -- 2. Constructing the narrative -- 3. Guidance -- 4. Weaving the narrative -- 5. A feminist slant -- 6. Awakenings -- 7. Finding a new way in health visiting -- 8. Falling through the net & a spider's web -- 9. Climbing walls -- 10. Reflections on performance -- 11. More than eggs for breakfast- becoming a transformational leader -- 12. Shifting attitudes towards self-harm patients in A&E -- 13. Jane's rap -- 14. Audiencing -- 15. Coherence and ethics -- 16. An accidental tourist -- 17. Reflections.
- "Reflection is widely recognised as an invaluable tool in health care, providing fresh insights which enable practitioners to develop their own practice and improve the quality of their care. Guided Reflection: Advancing practice introduces the practitioner to the concept of 'Guided reflection', an innovative research process in which the practitioner is assisted by a mentor (or 'guide') in a process of self-enquiry, development, and learning through reflection, in order to become fully effective. Guided reflection is grounded in individual practice, and can provide deeply meaningful insights into self-development and professional care. The process results in a reflexive narrative, which highlights key issues for enhancing health care practice and professional care. Guided Reflection: Advancing practice uses a collection of such narratives from everyday clinical practice in nursing, health visiting and midwifery to demonstrate the theory and practicalities of guided reflection and narrative construction. These narratives portray the values inherent in caring, highlight key issues in clinical practice, reveal the factors that constrain the quest to realise practice, and examine the ways practitioners work towards overcoming these constraints. A new collection of narratives is included for this second edition. Guided Reflection: Advancing practice is invaluable to all healthcare professionals interested in exploring the ways in which guided reflection can help advance and develop healthcare"--Provided by publisher.
- Rev. ed. of: Guided reflection / Christopher Johns ; with contributions from Aileen Joiner [and others]. 2002.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, 2010. Mode of access: World Wide Web. Title from PDF of title page (viewed on Aug. 26, 2010). Made available through Wiley online library.
View MARC record | catkey: 6763985