Nuclear chemistry [electronic resource] : inside the atom
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to subscribers.
- "From the ancient Greek concept of 'atomos' to today's fission and fusion technologies, this program guides viewers through the landscape of atomic theory and the hidden world of subatomic particles. Topics include the makeup of atomic nuclei and the factors that make them stable or unstable; the discovery and use of radioisotopes; and the difference between fission and fusion. Providing historical perspective, the video illustrates major discoveries about the nucleus and presents concise profiles of pioneering atomic physicists-such as Henri Becquerel, Irene Joliot-Curie and Frederic Joliot, Ernest Rutherford and Frederick Soddy, and many others. Viewable/printable educational resources are available online"--From website.
- Title from web page (viewed on Nov. 11, 2010)
Online access available for limited time.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director, producer, Liam Clayton ; writer, Mikael Brain.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrator: Amy Blackmur.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: Windows Media, etc.
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 6764348