The undisputed guide to pro basketball history
- Additional Titles:
- Basketball history
FreeDarko presents the undisputed guide to pro basketball
- New York : Bloomsbury, 2010.
- 1st U.S. ed.
- Physical Description:
- 223 pages : color illustrations, color maps, color charts ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- FreeDarko (Firm)
- Chapter Zero. 1891-1946 Up From The Waters -- Down by Law -- Go Forth and Dribble -- Only the Ball Was Orange -- Chapter One. 1947-1956 A More Perfect Union -- Mikan and Modernity -- Chapter Two. 1957-1969 They Walked This Earth -- Green and Black and Red All Over -- Pride of the Celtics -- The Nuclear Option -- Three on a Match -- Bushels and Baskets -- Missing in Action -- Chapter Three. 1970-1979 The Big Payback -- The Get Along Gang -- Notes from the Underground -- Left of Center -- The Hair Up There -- Punch-Dunk Lovetron -- Legalize It! -- Chapter Four. 1980-1990 The Gold Standard -- Choose Your Weapon -- The Invention of Air -- Loud, Fat, and Gifted -- It Came from Croatia -- Fantasia No. 84 -- Chapter Five. 1991-1999 A Tale Of Two Three-Peats -- Jordan and His Discontents -- Dream Team II -- Cult of Personality -- Rotten Island -- A History of Violence -- Ashes Beget Ashes -- Chapter Six. 2000-2009 The New Deuteronomy -- One Shining Moment -- Fast-Break Renaissance -- Big Man Blues -- In Plain Sight -- Arbiters of Amazement.
- "This inimitable collective returns with a bigger scope, deeper research, and renewed passion as [FreeDarko] takes on the whole of pro basketball history. Here we'll see the full evolution of the league: from the Celtics of Red Auerbach (compared by FreeDarko to the filmmaker John Cassavetes) clear through to the years of Frazier, Jordan, Iverson, and LeBron and Kobe. Of course, it's more than simply a history. In these pages we'll also see a taxonomy of every fight in NBA history, the relationship between Wilt Chamberlain's scoring and the atom bomb, and a feature known as the Mustache Index."--Amazon.com.
- 9781608190836 (hardcover)
- At head of title: FreeDarko presents.
"A history of pro basketball unlike any other"--P.  of cover.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page 212) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6765065