Chen Village : revolution to globalization / Anita Chan, Richard Madsen, and Jonathan Unger
- Chan, Anita
- Berkeley : University of California Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- 3rd ed.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 408 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Madsen, Richard, 1941-, Unger, Jonathan, and Chan, Anita
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Chen village and its leaders -- The big four cleanups -- Studying Chairman Mao -- The cultural revolution -- The cleansing of the class ranks -- A leftward lurch and a solid footing -- The great betrothal dispute -- Plunging into a new decade -- The troubled seventies -- The new era -- The midas touch -- Entrepreneurs and gamblers -- Globalization and transformation -- Lifestyles of a middle-class community -- Outsiders.
- 9780520259317 (pbk. : alk. paper) and 0520259319 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Rev. ed. of: Chen Village under Mao and Deng. 2nd ed.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page 397) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6845908