History of Canada / Scott W. See
- See, Scott W., 1950-
- Amenia, NY : Grey House Publishing, Inc., 
- Copyright Date:
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- xliv, 419 pages : illustrations, maps ; 29 cm
- Introduction -- Flags and emblems -- National anthem and participants to the First Minister's Constitutional Conference -- Fathers of Confederation -- Prime Ministers of Canada -- Governors General of Canada -- Maps -- One of the best countries on earth -- Native peoples, Europeans, and a clash of cultures (prehistory-1663) -- The age of New France (1663-1763) -- British North America (1763-1850s) -- Confederation and national expansions (1850s-1890s) -- A new century (1890s-1929) -- Trial of nationhood: the Great Depression and the war (1929-1945) -- Cold war Canada (1945-1960s) -- One nation or two? (1960s-1984) -- Late twentieth-century Canada (1984-2000) -- Contemporary Canada (2001-2010) -- Notable people in the history of Canada -- Timeline of historical events -- Primary documents.
- See's narrative encompasses the story of Canada, providing a sweeping overview of the forces that have shaped Canada, her history, and her culture.
- First ed. published: Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 2001.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6846077