The Routledge handbook of emotions and mass media [electronic resource] / edited by Katrin Döveling, Christian von Scheve, and Elly A. Konijn
- Additional Titles:
- Handbook of emotions and mass media
- Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon ; New York : Routledge, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiii, 422 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Döveling, Katrin, 1970-, Scheve, Christian von, and Konijn, Elly, 1959-
- Emotions and mass media : an interdisciplinary approach / Katrin Döveling, Christian von Scheve, and Elly A. Konijn -- The descent of emotions in media : Darwinian perspectives / Frank Schwab and Clemens Schwender -- From noise to nucleus : emotion as key construct in processing media messages / Elly A. Konijn and Jelte M. Ten Holt -- Affective and emotional consequences of the mass media / Christopher P. Barlett and Douglas A. Gentile -- The measurement of positive and negative affect in media research / Annie Lang and David R. Ewoldsen -- Mechanisms of emotional reactivity to media entertainments / Dolf Zillmann -- Media-based emotional coping : examining the emotional benefits and pitfalls of media consumption / Robin L. Nabi, Jiyeon So, and Abby Prestin -- Tragic and poignant entertainment : the gratifications of meaningfulness as emotional response / Mary Beth Oliver and Julia K. Woolley -- Fear reactions and the mass media / Joanne Cantor -- Media enjoyment as a function of affective dispositions toward and moral judgment of characters / Arthur A. Raney -- Emotion, media, and the global village / Ross Buck and Stacie Renfro Powers -- Nonverbal communication, emotion, and political evaluation / Erik P. Bucy -- Disaster news and public emotions / Mervi Pantti -- Emotion in persuasion and risk communication / Monique M. Turner -- Creating fear : transforming terrorist attacks into control and consumption / David L. Altheide -- The influence of form and presentation attributes of media on emotion / Benjamin H. Detenber and Annie Lang -- Effects of presentation and editing on emotional responses of viewers : the example of tv news / Dagmar C. Unz -- Visual emotions, emotional visuals : emotions, pathos formulae, and their relevance for communication research / Marion G. Müeller and Arvid Kappas -- Reactive and reflective responses to mass media / Gerald C. Cupchik -- Using automated facial expression analysis for emotion and behavior prediction -- Sun Joo Ahn ... [et al.] -- Emotionally resonant media : advances in sensing, understanding, and influencing human emotion through interactive media / Jonathan Gratch -- Virtual interface agents that adapt to user emotion and interest / Helmut Prendinger and Mitsuru Ishizuka.
- 9780203885390 (electronic bk.)
0203885392 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide web.
View MARC record | catkey: 6846344