Sexual behavior of adolescents in contemporary Sub-Saharan Africa / edited by Yanyi K. Djamba
- Lewiston, N.Y. : Edwin Mellen Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- v, 286 pages ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Djamba, Yanyi K. (Yanyi Kasongo), 1960-
- Studies in African health and medicine ; v. 11
- Preface / Dennis P. Hogan -- Introduction / Yanyi K. Djamba -- 1. Sexual risk behaviors among young people in Bamenda, Cameroon / Mburano Rwenge -- 2. Perceptions of the risks of sexual activity and their consequences among Ugandan adolescents / Louise A. Hulton, Rachel Cullen and Symons Wamala Khalokho -- 3. Unsafe sexual behavior in South African youth / Liberty Eaton, Alan J. Flisher and Leif E. Aaro -- 4. HIV prevalence and socio-cultural contexts of sexuality among youth in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia / Negussie Taffa, Johanne Sundby, Carol Holm-Hansen and Gunnar Bjune -- 5. Timing of first intercourse among Malian adolescents : implications for contraceptive use / Mouhamadou Gueye, Sarah Castle and Mamadou Kani Konate -- 6. Sexual activity and contraceptive use among female adolescents : a report from Port Harcourt, Nigeria / Anthony O. U. Okpani and Judith Uzoma Okpani -- 7. Modernization and teenage sexual activity in Zambia : a multinomial logit model / Vijayan K. Pillai and Thomas R. Barton -- 8. Ethnicity and sexual behavior in Ghana / Isaac Addai -- 9. Social capital and premarital sexual activity in Africa : the case of Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo / Yanyi K. Djamba -- 10. Sexual initiation among adolescent girls and boys : trends and differentials in sub-Saharan Africa / Neeru Gupta and Mary Mahy.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 6846667