Enzyme technologies [electronic resource] : metagenomics, evolution, biocatalysis, and biosynthesis / edited by Wu-Kuang Yeh, Hsiu-Chiung Yang, James R. McCarthy
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xi, 368 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations (some color) ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Yeh, Wu-Kuang, 1942-, Yang, Hsiu-Chiung, McCarthy, James R., 1943-, and Wiley InterScience (Online service)
- Chemical biology of enzymes for biotechnology and pharmaceutical applications ; v. 1
- Frontmatter -- Color Plates -- New Approaches to Finding and Modifying Enzymes. Functional Metagenomics as a Technique for the Discovery of Novel Enzymes and Natural Products / Luke A Moe, Matthew D McMahon, Michael G Thomas -- Directed Enzyme and Pathway Evolution / Jacob Vick, Claudia Schmidt-Dannert -- Combining Natural Biodiversity and Molecular-Directed Evolution to Develop New Industrial Biocatalysts and Drugs / Laurent Fourage, Čline Ayrinhac, Johann Brot, Christophe Ullmann, Denis Wahler, Jean-Marie Sonet -- Principles of Enzyme Optimization for the Rapid Creation of Industrial Biocatalysts / Richard J Fox, Lori Giver -- Biocatalytic Applications. Enzyme Catalysis in the Synthesis of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients / Animesh Goswami -- Enzymatic Processes for the Production of Pharmaceutical Intermediates / David Rozzell, Jim Lalonde -- Novel Developments Employing Redox Enzymes: Old Enzymes in New Clothes / Kurt Faber, Silvia M Glueck, Birgit Seisser, Wolfgang Kroutil -- Biosynthetic Applications. Drug Discovery and Development by Combinatorial Biosynthesis / Matthew A DeSieno, Carl A Denard, Huimin Zhao -- Reprogramming Daptomycin and A54145 Biosynthesis to Produce Novel Lipopeptide Antibiotics / Richard H Baltz, Kien T Nguyen, Dylan C Alexander -- Pathway and Enzyme Engineering and Applications for Glycodiversification / Lishan Zhao, Hung-Wen Liu -- Index.
- "Enzyme Technologies in Drug Discovery highlights how, what, and where enzymes have become critical in pharmaceutical and biotechnology research. This book provides in-depth reviews of recent developments in biosynthesis, biocatalysis, and the chemical biology of enzymes. This text discusses enzymatic assays, including emerging assay technologies for key enzyme classes in pharmaceutical research. In addition to new developments in proteomics, this book includes two emerging technologies in life sciences, metabolomics and preclinomics. This volume reviews important progress on the chemical biology of enzymes in the post-genomic era"--
- 9780470627303 (electronic bk.) and 0470627301 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley InterScience, 2011. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on June 8, 2011). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
View MARC record | catkey: 6849123