Transport and Decentralisation [electronic resource] / European Conference of Ministers of Transport
- Corporate Author:
- European Conference of Ministers of Transport
- [Place of publication not identified] : OECD Publishing, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 136 pages
- ECMT Round Tables, 1990-0228 ; no.131
- Decentralisation, intergovernmental competition/emulation and efficiency: lessons from and for the transport sector -- Taxing financing and the transfer of responsibilities in the transport sector -- Subsidiarity and transport policy co-ordination in the european union -- The political economy of transport decentralisation -- Summary of discussions -- List of participants.
- Over the past decades, many OECD countries' transport sectors have become more decentralised. This report examines whether the economic benefits and experiences of decentralisation have been positive. It finds that the answers vary according to the mode of transport, the type of decentralisation, and transport users' representation in the process of decision-making.
- Other Edition:
View MARC record | catkey: 6850388